A healthy Poultry recipe! This Skillet Lemon Parmesan Poultry with Zucchini and Squash can be a super easy, very flavorful, one pan poultry and veggie recipe everyone in the friends and family will like! It’s a hearty, glowing and lemony dinner which makes great leftovers.
Lemon Parmesan Poultry With Zucchini and Squash
It’s likely that if you’re growing a good garden or perhaps live by someone developing a garden, then best about now you have a good couple of zucchini and squash you should employ up. This healthy poultry recipe may be the perfect use for this!
Lemon Parmesan Chicken Ingredients
For the poultry and zucchini skillet, you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Herbs and spices (Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder)
- Lemon zest and juice
- Yellow squash
- Shredded Parmesan
- Fresh parsley
How exactly to Cook Chicken in a good Skillet
- Season diced poultry with herbs, spices and lemon zest, then make found in hot skillet with essential olive oil and butter.
- Transfer cooked poultry to plate and tent with foil to hold warm.
- Sauté zucchini and squash for the reason that same skillet, seasoning with the same mixture of herbs and spices.
- Return poultry to pan and drizzle found in lemon juice. Sprinkle on Parmesan and garnish with unique parsley, in that case toss to combine.
Serve with your selection of rice, orzo, pasta, and more!
Can I Use Poultry Thighs Rather than Breasts?
Yes, you need to use any lower of poultry you’d like below. I favor using boneless, skinless poultry in this recipe, but feel absolve to make use of whatever you see in shape.
Just take into account that you may want to adjust the cook period slightly depending on what size you dice the chicken and what cut of meat you utilize.
Can I Increase More Veggies to the Chicken Skillet?
Of program! Lemon Parmesan poultry pairs well with nearly every vegetable. I would recommend using seasonal develop that cooks at approximately the same fee as the zucchini and squash (that approach you’re devoid of to take substances in and from the skillet to support different cook times).
Tips to discover the best Skillet Chicken and Veggies
Before cooking the chicken, dab it dry – ideally on both sides – and use a hot skillet. Make an effort to give the bits some space to get that nice golden dark brown sear for added flavour.
Work with shredded Parmesan cheese to find the best consistency and flavor, rather than the cheese that will come in a shaker can. Employ freshly squeezed lemon juice for the brightest, freshest taste.
This is a super easy, super flavorful, one pan chicken and veggie recipe everyone in the family will love! It’s a healthy and hearty, bright and lemony dinner that makes great leftovers.
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp butter, divided (or more olive oil)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder*, divided
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest, plus more for serving
- 10 oz. (2 small) zucchini, sliced and halved if wider
- 10 oz. (2 small) yellow squash, sliced and halved if wider
- 1/3 cup finely shredded parmesan, or more to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Dab chicken dry with paper towels. Season with a fair amount of salt and pepper, 2 tsp Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, onion powder and lemon zest then toss to coat (I just added the seasonings to the chicken on the cutting board). Melt butter in pan with olive oil then add chicken and cook 3 minutes then flip and cook opposite side until chicken has cooked through (center of larger pieces should register 165 degrees), about 3 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and squash, then season with salt, 1 tsp Italian seasoning and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Cook tossing occasionally until just tender, about 4 minutes.
Return chicken to pan with zucchini and squash. Drizzle in lemon juice and toss. Sprinkle with parmesan and parsley. Serve warm with more parmesan and lemon zest if desired (I served mine over cooked orzo which is delicious).
- *1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic may be substituted. Add half of it to the chicken halfway through cooking and add half to the zucchini/squash when added to the skillet.
- Recipe and photo source: Cooking Classy
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 331
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 311
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 34
- Cholesterol: 110
Keywords: Chicken , Chicken Zucchini Squash Recipes, Healthy
Show Comments (0)