This is a super easy, super flavorful, one pan chicken and veggie recipe everyone in the family will love! It’s a healthy and hearty, bright and lemony dinner that makes great leftovers.
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp butter, divided (or more olive oil)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder*, divided
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest, plus more for serving
- 10 oz. (2 small) zucchini, sliced and halved if wider
- 10 oz. (2 small) yellow squash, sliced and halved if wider
- 1/3 cup finely shredded parmesan, or more to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Dab chicken dry with paper towels. Season with a fair amount of salt and pepper, 2 tsp Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, onion powder and lemon zest then toss to coat (I just added the seasonings to the chicken on the cutting board). Melt butter in pan with olive oil then add chicken and cook 3 minutes then flip and cook opposite side until chicken has cooked through (center of larger pieces should register 165 degrees), about 3 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and squash, then season with salt, 1 tsp Italian seasoning and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Cook tossing occasionally until just tender, about 4 minutes.
Return chicken to pan with zucchini and squash. Drizzle in lemon juice and toss. Sprinkle with parmesan and parsley. Serve warm with more parmesan and lemon zest if desired (I served mine over cooked orzo which is delicious).
- *1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic may be substituted. Add half of it to the chicken halfway through cooking and add half to the zucchini/squash when added to the skillet.
- Recipe and photo source: Cooking Classy
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 331
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 311
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 34
- Cholesterol: 110
Keywords: Chicken , Chicken Zucchini Squash Recipes, Healthy