I’m presently shifting my approach through a good maze of boxes, with the purpose of having our home organized by supper. I’d love only to fix us a straightforward, healthy weeknight evening meal like these Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Dark Beans and Quinoa.
A good filling, hearty vegetarian evening meal or lunch time, these sassy southwest sweets are an all-in-one meatless meals that will keep everyone at the desk feeling satisfied.
Baked stuffed lovely potato recipes such as this one are a perfect technique for knocking out just about every food group in one dish. If you’d like another savory stuffed nice potato option in an identical flavor realm, make an effort these Mexican Stuffed Nice Potatoes. The egg at the top makes them successful for breakfast and brinner.
The baked lovely potato itself serves as the tasty vehicle. These very spuds, which certainly are a rich way to obtain fiber, minerals and vitamins like supplement C and iron, and beta-carotene, possess potential that extends very well beyond a area dish.
Think about sweet potatoes seeing that your weeknight evening meal canvas, ready to get stuffed and served due to the main event.
RELATING TO THIS Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe
Protein-wealthy ingredients make these savory stuffed nice potatoes plenty filling and hearty!
- Nice Potatoes. They’re deliciously creamy with some sweetness, and I favor them over regular white colored potatoes. Plus, they’re abundant with fiber, vitamin supplements, antioxidants, and minerals.
- Quinoa. The trick way to create these stuffed lovely potatoes both healthful and filling.
Considerably more Veggies. I added onion, bell peppers, and jalapeno, gives the dish exquisite color and a good kick.
- Spices. The best southwest/taco/existence spices like chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika put subtle heat and set flawlessly with the sweetness of the potato.
- Dark colored Beans. A flavorful, protein-rich addition to the recipe.
- Greek Yogurt. Adds health proteins and produces the filling wealthy and creamy.
- Lime Juice. For a hint of zip.
- Cheese. The gooey melty cheese at the top is indeed scrumptious! Monterey jack, pepper jack, or cheddar cheese works great here.
- Bake the nice potatoes: Scrub the lovely potatoes, pat dried out, and prick the outsides with a fork. Put on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F until tender. Take out and set aside.
- Cook the quinoa regarding to package instructions.
- Prepare the filling: Put the vegetables and spices until tender and fragrant, stirring to coat. Put the beans and quinoa. Remove from heat, and put the yogurt, lime, and cheese.
- Generate a slit in the very best of the potatoes, and fluff the insides. Lay the potatoes on the baking sheet, after that add the filling elements, sprinkling cheese outrageous. Bake before cheese is certainly melted. Enjoy hot together with your desired toppings.
- TO CREATE Vegan. Omit the Greek yogurt or make an effort swapping it for another creamy alternative like my vegan queso (SO EXCELLENT) as well as guacamole.
- Chicken Stuffed Lovely Potatoes. Stir in a few of the Instant Pot Poultry or grilled poultry with the dark-colored beans and quinoa.
If you’re searching for a stuffed lovely potatoes paleo recipe, try my Gradual Cooker Healthy Buffalo Poultry Stuffed Sweet Potatoes.
HOW WILL YOU Tell if Nice Potatoes remain Good?
The easiest way to tell if a sweet potato continues to be good is by touching. If it feels wet, tender, or appears discolored, it really is bad.
Unfortunately, if any component of your potato is definitely bad, the complete thing should be trashed, as the flavour could be compromised.
How to store and Reheat Stuffed Lovely Potatoes
- To Store. Place prepared and cooled stuffed lovely potatoes within an airtight storage area container in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- To Reheat. Smoothly rewarm leftovers in the oven at 350 degrees F on a foil-lined baking sheet until heated through. Also you can reheat leftovers in the microwave on a microwave-safe plate until nice.
Can I prepare nice potatoes in advance? Yes! You can prepare the lovely potatoes themselves in advance and stuff them right before serving.
What do Sweet Potatoes Pair Well With?
- Fruit and vegetables. Easy Sauteed Zucchini with Parmesan is definitely a very tasty and easy side.
- Salad. Grilled Corn Salad with Avocado and Tomato will be delightful with this recipe.
- Margarita. For a great, refreshing addition, serve this dish with a Skinny Margarita.
With love from an extremely messy kitchen: Savory Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans.
Healthy Southwest Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans and Quinoa. A protein packed, delicious vegetarian recipe! Flavorful, not too spicy, and delicious!
FOR THE SWEET POTATOES
- 6 small sweet potatoes — about 8 ounces each
- 1/3 cup quinoa — or 1 cup leftover cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion — diced
- 1 small red bell pepper — diced
- 1 jalapeno — cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic — minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium black beans — rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice — from about 1 lime
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack, pepper jack, or cheddar cheese — divided
- Prepared salsa
- Diced avocado — or guacamole
- Plain non-fat Greek yogurt — or sour cream
- Fresh cilantro
- Bake the sweet potatoes: Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Scrub the sweet potatoes and pat dry. Prick the outsides all over with the tines of a fork. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake until fork tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on size. Remove from the oven and let rest until cool enough to handle. Leave the oven turned on.
Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to package instructions. You should have about 1 cup cooked total. Set aside.
While the sweet potatoes bake and the quinoa cooks, prepare the filling. Heat the olive oil in a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium. Add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and salt. Cook until the vegetables soften and the onion begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic, chili powder, smoked paprika, and cumin. Stir to coat the vegetables in the spices, then cook until the spices are fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the black beans and quinoa. Remove from the heat. Stir in the Greek yogurt, lime juice, and 1/2 cup cheese. Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.
Once the baked sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, make a slit in the top. With a fork, open the split and lightly fluff the insides to make space for the toppings. Place the sweet potatoes back on the baking sheet, then stuff with the quinoa–black bean mixture (you will have about 1/2 cup filling per potato). Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, then return the sweet potatoes to the oven. Cook until the filling is heated through and the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Enjoy hot, sprinkled with toppings of choice.
- Serving Size: 1 potato
- Calories: 401
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 66g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 16g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
Keywords: STUFFED SWEET POTATOES, VEGETARIAN, VEGETARIAN DINNER
All text and images © ERIN / WELL PLATED.
Show Comments (0)