These Honey Garlic Instant Pot Chicken Breasts are always moist, tender and flavorful! These pressure cooker chicken breasts cook perfectly in minutes from fresh or frozen. Serve your honey garlic instant pot chicken white meat with rice or quinoa and veggies for a complete, quick dinner!
THE MOMENT Pot is a dream become a reality so you can get quick, healthy dinners on your own table. Once you set your Instant Pot to pressure cook, you can concentrate on preparing other areas of your meal – or looking after your kids.
You can saute ingredients and thicken sauces, fine in the moment Pot. You can also safely cook chicken from frozen.
Instant Pot chicken breasts cook up perfectly and hold their shape for slicing and serving. This honey garlic instant pot chicken white meat is ideal for quick dinners or for meal prep lunches.
HONEY GARLIC INSTANT POT CHICKEN BREASTS
are created completely in the moment Pot (electric pressure cooker), even thickening the sauce!
could be cooked from fresh or frozen! Freezer meal instructions contained in the recipe card below.
are perfectly juicy and tender, never dry!
HOW EXACTLY TO COOK HONEY GARLIC INSTANT POT CHICKEN WHITE MEAT
You will require only 5 ingredients and thirty minutes to have this delicious Instant Pot chicken on your own table. Combine the sauce ingredients in your Instant Pot, add the chicken and pressure cook. The last step is to thicken the sauce. It’s so fast and simple!
INGREDIENTS FOR HONEY GARLIC INSTANT POT CHICKEN BREASTS
- water or broth
- soy sauce
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK CHICKEN WHITE MEAT IN THE MOMENT POT?
How long to cook chicken in the moment Pot depends on how big is your chicken breasts.
For fresh, boneless skinless chicken breasts:
- Cook small (7-8 ounces per breast) chicken breasts for 8 minutes.
- Cook medium (10 ounces per breast) chicken breasts for ten minutes.
- Cook large (12 ounces per breast) chicken breasts for 11 minutes.
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK FROZEN CHICKEN WHITE MEAT IN THE MOMENT POT?
Add between 2-4 minutes to the cook times in the above list if your chicken breasts are frozen. I find that adding 3 extra minutes is normally ideal for frozen chicken breasts. Additionally, you will wish to accomplish a 10 minute natural release rather than an instant release for frozen chicken.
Be sure that your frozen chicken breasts aren’t all stuck together in a single mass, as this increase the cook time needed. I would recommend freezing chicken breasts in a set layer so they are easy to split up when increasing your Instant Pot.
You can prep the ingredients because of this honey garlic chicken, freeze and transfer to your Instant Pot frozen. I would recommend thawing just slightly in cold water to be able to easily pour the sauce from the freezer bag. You will require the sauce to be liquid for Instant Pot pressure cooking.
HOW EXACTLY TO THICKEN THE SAUCE IN THE MOMENT POT
Instant Pot saute mode is among my favorite top features of this electric pressure cooker. Following the chicken is done, take it off from the pot and turn your Instant Pot to saute mode. Make a cornstarch slurry by stirring together an assortment of cornstarch and water. Cook, stirring, before sauce thickens. This will need about 2-3 3 minutes.
It will take a couple of minutes for the heating element to cool off, therefore i recommend removing the inner pot from the moment Pot base after the sauce is thickened. You can cut the chicken and stir it in to the sauce, or drizzle the sauce at the top for serving.
WHAT THINGS TO SERVE WITH INSTANT POT CHICKEN WHITE MEAT
We love this chicken served with rice and roasted broccoli. It could also be delicious with mashed potatoes and roasted carrots.
TIPS TO MAKE INSTANT POT CHICKEN WHITE MEAT
- Use an instantaneous read thermometer to check on that your chicken is cooked to at least 165 degrees F.
- If your chicken isn’t cooked through following the pressure cook time finishes, turn your Instant Pot to saute mode to complete cooking the chicken.
- After stirring in the cornstarch mixture, you can include a bag of frozen mixed vegetables to the moment Pot. They’ll cook as the sauce thickens.
- To create this recipe gluten-free, substitute coconut aminos or gluten-free tamari for the soy sauce.
These Honey Garlic Instant Pot Chicken Breasts are always moist, tender and flavorful! These pressure cooker chicken breasts cook perfectly in minutes from fresh or frozen. Serve your honey garlic instant pot chicken breast with rice or quinoa and veggies for a complete, quick dinner!
- 1/3 cup water or vegetable broth or chicken broth
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Combine water or broth, soy sauce, honey, garlic and pepper in Instant Pot. Stir.
Add the chicken breasts to the Instant Pot.
Seal the lid and turn the steam valve to the sealing position.
Set Instant Pot to pressure cook/manual, high pressure. Set the cook time according to the size of your chicken breasts. For fresh: 8 minutes for small (7-8 ounce) chicken breasts, 10 minutes for medium (10 ounce) chicken breasts, or 11 minutes for large (12 ounce) chicken breasts.
For frozen chicken breasts, add 3 minutes to the cooking times listed in step 4, and pressure cook (manual) at high pressure. Be sure that your chicken breasts are not stuck together as that will increase the pressure cook time.
The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure and then will start counting down the cook time. When it beeps to let you know the cook time has finished, carefully quick release the pressure by using the handle of a long spoon to turn the steam valve to venting. (If your chicken breasts were frozen, do a 10 minute natural release instead of a quick release. Just leave the Instant Pot alone for 10 minutes before turning the steam valve to the venting position.)
Wait for the steam to escape and the pin to drop down. Then, carefully remove the lid.
Use an instant read thermometer to test the internal temperature of the chicken. It should be at least 165 degrees F. If the temperature is lower, finish cooking the chicken using the Instant Pot’s saute mode.
Remove chicken to a clean plate or cutting board.
In a small bowl, stir together the 2 teaspoons cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. Turn the Instant Pot on saute mode and stir in the cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring, until the liquid has thickened, 2-3 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot and remove the inner pot to stop the cooking process.
Slice the chicken and stir it back into the sauce in the pot. Serve with rice and vegetables, or as desired.
To Cook in a Slow Cooker:
- Stir together water or broth, soy sauce, honey, garlic and pepper in slow cooker insert. Add the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2 hours, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F.
- Remove chicken to a clean plate or cutting board. Turn slow cooker to high setting.
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 teaspoons cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. Stir this into the liquid in the slow cooker and cook on high until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Slice or shred the chicken and stir it into the sauce in the slow cooker. Serve with rice and vegetables, or as desired.
To Make as a Freezer Meal:
- Add water or broth, soy sauce, honey, garlic, pepper and chicken to a heavy duty zip top freezer bag.
- Freeze flat for up to 3 months.
- When ready to cook, thaw in cool water just until sauce is thawed. Transfer to Instant Pot and cook as directed above.
recipes from kristineskitchenblog.com
- Serving Size: 1/4
- Calories: 285 cal
- Sugar: 18g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Protein: 40g
Keywords: Instant pot, Crock pot, Slow Cooker
Show Comments (0)